Monday, June 10, 2013

Hey Everyone,

Well I have just got back from TAMPA, FL & you wouldn't believe how incompetent the contractors & mold assessors are down there. The Home owners association by my Fathers Villa in Tampa hired a company BAY AREA DKI to do a mold remediation & restoration.
In the lower part of the picture, it shows a white Kilz sealer has been applied to wood structure at 2 ft. I told the employees that the mold went further up inside the wall & they need to remove the drywall to 4ft minimum.
 One of the employees stated to me that he guarantees that there isn't any more mold in the wall.. So I figured that the Mold Assessor hired to clear the job would of looked up the wall cavity & see the mold or be able to smell the musty smell of mold in the wall & require them to remove more until they don't see it...
Well She didn't say anything & just took air samples to clear the job. I was not there when they cane to inspect the contractors work so I could not Preach my case.
So I was furious because I couldn't get any response from anyone about what the assessor came up with. Well I decided to grab the saws all & started cutting up the wall.. O to my surprise, look at all the mold damage. As you can see in this picture I had to remove additional drywall to prove to the contractor & Mold assessor/Hygienist that there was additional mold inside the wall.

So as soon as I sent a picture to the Project Mgr of  Bay Area DKI, They said they would be out tomorrow. Now this has been over 8 days.. They came out & removed all the drywall to the ceiling & exposed all the damaged timbers from roof damage & new structure that was replaced when they fixed the outside siding 10 yrs ago. Then the assessor came back out 2 days later & I introduced myself & let her do her job. When she was finished I asked her why she took samples & didn't bother doing a visual before taking samples.. She had NO comment.

I had to seal the attic air out, I had to caulk the joints between the bottom plate boards & the concrete, seal all the spaces between rotten timbers & exterior siding & then her stupid air samples would pass. This is called Manipulating the air samples.. I told her there is additional mold damage in the other master bedroom area & along the staggered fire wall & she should be just using visual because they cant seal off the room from contamination from the common fire wall. It wouldn't have passed the air samples unless I did these procedures
 

Now step forwards a week later & the contractor has not been back to put the insulation or drywall back. The contractor refuses to respond to repeated calls. The contractor doesn't have there own skilled trades to do restoration so who know when they will get to this
This been going on for 22 days.. Its a 3.5 day job from start of the remediation to putting back the carpeting.. I hear this from everyone down there, the contractors are just horrible!!!

I had this same problem with 2 other mold inspectors  & 4 contractors up here in the Milwaukee area.. They passed mold remediation projects that still had mold present. I told my clients to have them fired off the projects

COBAK doesn't do this to our clients. We get Mold remediations done in one to two days guaranteed!!! & have never failed a clearance when required.. I have failed everyone I have worked with at least once because they miss the obvious.. Its because they have low payed employees that just don't know there jobs

Stay tuned for the LAWSUIT Results

MOLDYGUY

No comments:

Post a Comment